Reasons for consulting a urologist specialist
Urologists are experts in treating ailments that affect the urinary system, which involves the kidney, adrenal glands, urethra, bladder, and ureter in both males and females. All conditions affecting the prostate, penis, epididymis, testes, and seminal vesicles in males are also treated by them. Urologists also treat cancer in these organs and are skilled to perform urologic surgeries as well.
When should you seek the advice of a urologist?
For all urinary conditions, from minor illnesses like urinary tract infections or stones to serious conditions involving kidney/bladder/prostate cancer, you can contact a urologist specialist. If your symptoms last for a long time or do not go away, your primary care physician will typically send you to a urologist.
Signs of common Urological complications
- Hematuria is a disorder marked by the presence of blood in the urine.
- A burning feeling or pain while urinating
- Having trouble urinating
- If you have discomfort in your sides, pelvis, or lower back
- Leaks of urine
- The recurring urge to urinate
Along with the above-mentioned signs men can see a urologist if they have any of the symptoms listed below:
- A decline in sexual inclinations
- A mass within a testicle
- Problems maintaining and obtaining an erection
Your urologist may carry out the following tests:
- Finding the issue is the first step. Imaging tests like MRI scans, ultrasounds, or CT scans are carried out.
- A cystoscope is used, a medical imaging technique, to allow your specialist to view the interior of the urinary tract. Additionally, tissue samples can be obtained during a cystoscopy for examination.
- A urine test to look for germs or other illness symptoms.
- Urodynamic testing gauges to check the pressure in the bladder as well as the speed at which urine exits the body after peeing and how much urine remains in the bladder after urinating.Depending on the symptoms test can be suggested that assists urologists to diagnose the issue. Depending on the disease, a variety of treatments can be given after the diagnosis. In severe cases, surgeries can be the right solution for your disease.
Surgeries are performed to remove malignancies, kidney stones, renal tumors, and urethral strictures, and to transplant a kidney. A surgical technique for men's permanent contraception called a vasectomy can also be performed by urologists.
Some of the male urologic diseases are:
- Penis, bladder, testicular prostate, adrenal, and kidney cancers
- Prostatic hypertrophy or prostatitis
- Irregular erection
- Interstitial pain from cystitis or painful bladder symptoms
- Stones in the kidney and kidney disorders
- Infected urinary tract
- The scrotum's varicoceles, or swollen veins,
- Peyronie's illness - in this condition, a fibrous layer of scar tissue develops beneath the penis's skin, causing the organ to bend or curve.
Females’ urologic diseases include:
Bladder prolapse, in which the bladder protrudes into the vagina. It happens when the connective tissue that supports the bladder from the vaginal wall strains and deteriorates.
- Bladder, Adrenal gland, and Kidney cancer
- Urinary incontinence - although both sexes are affected by the illness, women are more likely to have it.
- UTIs are infections that can have an impact on the bladder, kidneys, urethra, or any other component of the urinary system.
- Interstitial cystitis, kidney stones, and an overactive bladder are additional prevalent ailments.
- Stones, renal tumors, cancers.
The pediatric urology branch treats urologic conditions in kids such as kids who have bedwetting, undescended testicles, obstructions, and other urinary tract complications.
An extensive range of urologic diseases and ailments are treated by the best urologists in Bangalore of the World of Urology forum. Regardless of age, these illnesses can strike anyone. You can consult:
Dr. Mohan Keshavamurthy, the Director of Urology, Uro-Oncology, Andrology, Transplant & Robotic Surgery at Fortis Hospital. He is known to be the pioneer in Laser Urology and an expert in complex reconstruction of the urinary tract and major uro-oncological procedures in both adult and pediatric age groups.
- Dr. Shakir Tabrez a highly skilled Consultant – Urology, Uro-Oncology, Andrology, Kidney Transplant & Robotic Surgery with 17 years of surgical experience. He is a pioneer in 3D laparoscopic urology and Advanced Upper tract endoscopic surgery.
- Dr. Rubina, Gynecologist who is dedicated exclusively to the subspeciality of Urogynaecology and Minimally invasive Gynecological surgery.
- Dr. Niti Raizada is dedicated to providing treatment, research, and prevention of Genitourinary Cancers of the prostate, bladder, kidney, testes, and penis.
Explore our array of experts and uncover a world of specialized knowledge with the best urologist specialists in Bangalore that treat a wide variety of urologic conditions in both males and females of all ages. They have oncologists, urogynaecologist, and andrologists on their panel with expertise in robotic surgeries.